A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Thursday, April 3, 2014

It's Tax Time!

You hear this old saying alot this time of year:
there is nothing certain except death and taxes
There are less than 2 weeks left to file your income tax returns for this year.


I usually try to have mine done in mid-February, but some people wait to the last minute.
I use H&R Block Tax Software to complete our taxes. It is simple to use and once you buy the software you can e-file your federal and state returns for free!

Shop Amazon - Tax Season is Open. Save on H&R Block Tax Software.

You can easily purchase the software for shipping or downloading by clicking on the above link. It is available for both Mac and PC. Most versions are under $50!

Why go to someone else who will ask you the same questions and prepare the reports for you when you can do it yourself for a lot less money?

Not sure it is for you? Already had your returns prepared for you this year? Download the software and try it out to compare it to your return that was prepared for you. That way you can see how simple and easy it is.

It usually takes me a few hours to do our taxes. Most of that time is gathering the documents I need - tax documents, receipts, etc. That is the same amount of time you would be spending anyway gathering the documents. But where you save the time and the money is the software is cheaper to purchase yourself and you don't have to make an appointment and drive to and from the preparer (sometimes twice - once to drop it all off and once to pick it all up).

You also don't have to worry about getting to the preparer during normal business hours. If you are up at 2am, you can prepare your taxes! Worried about whether the return was sent before the deadline? You can track when it is sent, when it is approved, and then you can check on the status of your refund (if you are getting one).

So have you completed your taxes yet? Did you use software and do them yourself or did you take them to someone?



This post contains my Amazon associate links. By clicking on these links I may be compensated. All opinions are my own. I purchased the software on my own to use to complete my taxes..

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)