A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

One word

Many bloggers are focusing on one word for their year this year.  I don't remember if it was last year or the year before, but I participated in the one word challenge by posting my word for the year on Facebook.  But I forgot about it and never followed up. So by posting it here, I am holding myself accountable.

My one word for 2014 is "Focused".

I want to enjoy what is going on in my life - from spending time with my husband or my daughter to focusing on one item at a time when I have multiple things going on at once.

*Focus on one thing at a time. Minimal multi-tasking.
*Focus on my family. Kids are only young once. Dan taught me that.
*Focus on what can be done in the amount of time I have.
*Focus on my plans and not letting other people disrupt my plans.

By focusing on what is important to me, I hope to reduce my stress and enjoy my life more.

To read more about choosing one word you can go here and here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)