A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Book Review: Beauty in the Broken Places


I  have been fortunte to be on several launch teams.  I joined this book launch team for Beauty in the Broken Places because I could relate to Allison's journey into being an unexpected caregiver.  When I received my copy to read, I kept putting it off because I didn't know if I wanted to re-experience the emotions what I went through with Dan - the sudden earth-shattering news, the loss of the life you expect to have, and your life being changed unexpectedly.

I eventually sat down and got completely immersed into Allison's and Davy's life - from the time they met, through his unlikely stroke, and into recovery.  In reading the words, it felt like an old friend talking to me. Allison has an amazing way with words, an easy conversational style that sucks the reader into the story.

There were times I cried, because I had felt the same feelings.  There were times I smiled and laughed, because, wellw ell just can't make up what happens in life.  It was hard to put the book down, even knowing how it ends.

But, overall, it's about the strength of two people who fight through the challenges that life throw at them.  Their marriage goes through challenges and they, and their marriage, come out stronger in the end.

If you have had marriage challenges, health challenges, or love to read memoirs, this book is definitely for you!

Here are just a few quotes from Lee Woodruff's forward and Allison's text:







0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)