A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Friday, December 7, 2018

December 7

This poem was shared with me today, for Dan's 12th birthday.

Mom to An Angel
Mommy, mommy,

I'm in heaven now,
God is keeping me safe and warm,
just as you did from the day I was born.
We need to cherish the memories,
till the day you're here with me.
Think of all the times you made me laugh,
and smile.

You made me the little boy I am today,
now let God take over he has his ways.
I'm an Angel now Mommy,
watching over you,
Oh I wanted to let you know I have
received my wings,

When we see each other again,
I will teach you how to use these things.
I want you to laugh Mommy,
and I will too.


Some days are tougher than others.  Today was one of those days.  Even our Elf "Love" knew we needed extra hugs.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)