A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Saturday, April 27, 2019

A letter

Dear Dan,

You were an unexpected blessing. I never saw myself as a mom. You made me see the world in a different way. You taught me what it means to love unconditionally. You wrote on my heart. I watched you grow and learn, as only you could. I watched you struggle. I was scared out of my mind every day that I wouldn't be able to say goodbye.

You taught me so much. I learned to stand up for myself, stand up for what I believed in.

You sent your sister to help me learn more of what you tried teaching me. I see you in her everyday. She sees you and plays with you.

Patience. Creativity. Fun. Presence. Love. Kindness.

Your 11’s are a message. A message to follow my instincts and my gut. A message to be the best person I can be to myself, dad and Shelby. A message to believe in myself.

I love you Dan. You will always be my baby, no matter how “old” you get.

Love, Mom

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)