A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

5 for Five

Here's another blog hop I'm doing...since it's all free, it's a great way to raise awareness!  You can see the blogs involved on the left side - just click the "5 for five" button.

This one is on Monday's (so I'm a day late) and is a list of 5 things you want to accomplish this work week.  Every Monday I report on how I did and set 5 new goals.


So for this week:

1. Write the donation letter.
I am writing a letter to local businesses to ask their help in promoting or donating to Dan's Dreams, the fundraiser I'm having to spread awareness and raise research funds for Niemann Pick Disease.


2. Finish my thank you cards.
I want to finish sending out my thank you cards to those who sent us cards last year when we lost Dan.


3. Contact the local newspapers with the letter and flyer.
Obviously if I don't get the letter done, this one doesn't get done.  But I want to contact the local newspapers and magazines to get space to promote the fundraiser.  This one may be on the list for a few weeks.


4. Cook one homemade dinner this week.
Hubby usually cooks, so for me to cook is always interesting.  And with just 2 of us it's a challenge because neither of us usually wants to cook anymore.


5. Read 10 newspapers.
What?  One of my quirks is having to read newspapers in sequence, and I am behind to mid-June!  So this one will be on the list for awhile!


Let's see how I do this week.  Next week I will let you know and add 5 new goals.

3 comments:

  1. I have the same quirk about newspapers, but I have given up and save only the section with the crossword puzzle, the local section and the comics, after a few days. After a week, I try to recycle the local section, and after a month the rest goes, or at least I try! We have pick up of recycling once a month, and I try to add a few more of my backed up papers each time. So take out your fav columns, crosswords, whatever and ditch the rest. Take it from an confirmed hoarder! Just do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Setting goals for yourself is a great tool to get things done for yourself during the week. I'm sorry to read about your precious son. Your quest on bringing awareness to this condition has grabbed my attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouragement...I hope you learn something and help spread the awareness.

      Delete

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)