A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Saturday, August 10, 2013

NPC angel

Mario Ismael Najera 
09/13/2001 ~ 07/24/2013

Mario Ismael Najera (NPC)


Mario Ismael Najera lost his fight with Niemann Pick Disease on July 24th, 2013, at the age of 11. He was surrounded by family and passed in the arms of his parents.

Mario's parents, Mario & Natalie, described him as the answer to their prayers.  He enjoyed listening to music, watching movies, dancing and spending every waking moment with family and friend. He was loved by all who met him and will be greatly missed.



May the family and friends of Mario find the strength they need to move on in the days, weeks and months ahead. Please know that all the families and friends of the NNPDF are with you all in your hearts and in grief.


------

When I posted the picture of the NPD angels, I added Mario's name to the list.  I first heard about his passing as we were driving to Baltimore for the conference.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)