A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Monday, August 15, 2016

Another year

We just returned from the most recent NNPDF Family Support and Medical Conference.  This year we were in Danvers, MA.


Every year I meet new people, see old friends ("family") and we all feel safe.  It's a place to learn from the research, learn from each other, and not be afraid to share your thoughts and feelings.

Among all the sadness, with the memorial service and seeing kids you saw walking 4 years ago now in wheelchairs, there is always fun.  We celebrate life, we celebrate each other, we celebrate milestones.



3 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a wonderful conference. Glad you all had a good experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happiest when I am at the conference. It's a safe little world for 3 days where everyone knows how you feel because they fell the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It says my comment was published, but I don't see it.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)