A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Monday, May 26, 2014

5 For Five - May 26


So what is 5 For Five? In the short form, it is 5 goals you want to achieve this week. Next week, I will report on my success (or failure).

Here were the goals from last week:

1. SMART goal - read 12 newspapers this week. I am determined to get these done before Shelby turns 1 in 3 months! I'm mid way through November, so I'm making progress...  Done!
2. Pre-schedule some blog posts. I did a few, but really need to do more.  I need to get the ideas down and then scheduled.
3. Cross off some items off my technology "to do" list. Yes, I have named my "to do" lists. It seems to help me manage them a bit better.  Yes! I cleaned out the garbage off my phone. I moved some of Shelby's photos too.
4. Make a list of summer clothes needs for Shelby. Done! And some were even purchased (thanks Mom!)
5. Make those phone calls! Nope. :(

I'm calling this a 3.5 out of 5.  Not too bad.  Really need to get the blogging one nailed.

So what are my goals for this week???
1. SMART goal - read 12 newspapers this week. I am determined to get these done before Shelby turns 1 in less than 3 months!
2. Work on the blog - redesign, scheduling posts, etc.
3. Go though the toy bins for Shelby.
4. Get some Elks thing done.
5. Get rid of some more of the clutter.

You are probably wondering what a SMART goal is.  It is a term I "borrowed" from Say Goodbye to Survival Mode by Crystal Paine.  SMART goals are specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and time-bound.  Since all these goals are really time-bound (1 week), I just have to get better at meeting the other criteria.

Ok, who is with me?  Let's keep each other on track to a better year!



Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are my referral links. By clicking on these links I may be compensated.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)