A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Monday, December 1, 2014

5 for Five - Dec 1

Yikes! December already!

So what is 5 For Five? In the short form, it is 5 goals I want to achieve this week. Next week, I will report on my success (or failure).

Here were the goals from last week:
1. Read the newspapers to July 15. (I'm cheating on this one as I have some done already)  I cheated and still didn't get it done!
2. Take family pictures at Thanksgiving. Done!  I will share them in another post.
3. Clean out the coupons thoroughly. Done!  You should have seen the mess!
4. Pre-write a few blog posts. Have the ideas, but not the text yet.
5. Publicize the Jamberry specials for Black Friday through Cyber Monday. OMG - I did this!  Have over $500 in sales just this weekend!

Looking back, that was a good week. So what are my goals for this week???


So here are my SMART goals for this week:
1. Read those silly newspapers (to July 15)!
2. Pre-write some blog posts.
3. Get Secret Santa gifts
4. Get my Jamberry stuff organized and "locked" away from little hands
5. Celebrate Dan's birthday.  See here for an idea on how you can celebrate with us.



You are probably wondering what a SMART goal is.  It is a term I "borrowed" from Say Goodbye to Survival Mode by Crystal Paine at Money Saving Mom.  SMART goals are: specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and time-bound.  Since all these goals are really time-bound (1 week), I just have to get better at meeting the other criteria.

Ok, who is with me?  Let's keep each other on track to a better year!



Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are my referral links. By clicking on these links I may be compensated.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)