A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Reunions!

As you are reading this, I am on my way to my hometown (about a 3 hour drive) to go to my 20th high school class reunion.  Out of 145 classmates, we will have between 40-50 people (including spouses).  Some of us have moved to far-flung places, others are spending time with family over the holiday weekend.

I never thought about going to either my high school or college reunions...it just wasn't something that interested me.  I had a few friends in school, and some I still continue to talk to and consider very good friends.  But for the most part, I did my own thing when I was in school and didn't really care what other people thought.

In 20 years, we have lost 2 classmates.  Both under age 40 (as all our classmates are).

I don't know what to expect, but I hope to have a good time catching up with lost friends and seeing some teachers that I have missed.  Moving 3 hours away made it difficult to keep up with everyone.


Who else has gone to a high school reunion?

1 comment:

  1. I have only been to one, I think it was the 20th as well. Some of it was great and some was forgettable, just like some of high school!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)