A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Thanksgiving-Reunion Weekend

Last weekend I had my 20 year high school reunion (so do the math...)  It's the first reunion we have had and I was skeptical of going.  But I am so glad I did!  I reconnected with an old friend who I haven't talked to since during high school.  I spent time with others that I haven't seen since high school!  And I found a classmate that now only lives a few minutes from me (which is over 3 hours from where I went to school).

 The favor table

 
 Some of the favors



Our school colors


Me taking pictures



Musical chairs
(boy was this competitive)

 
My husband with the "girls"
(from l-r: my best friends wife, my hubby, a teacher, another best friend and me)

 
My best friend and her husband




Since I was in my hometown area for my reunion, and didn't get there for Thanksgiving, I wanted to stop in and see my grandmother and my uncle.  I don't get to see either of them that often.  Grandma has Thanksgiving at her house every year (and in recent years has had help from her daughters in cooking).  We've missed the past few years for various reasons, so it was nice to see her this year.

Here are some pictures from other years:

My grandmother and my son





My uncle and my son (many years ago)



1 comment:

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)