A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Fresh Produce Saturday


For several months now, we have been receiving weekly organic produce delivery to our house from Cody's Fresh Foods.  They have a set list of ingredients every week, and the customer has the choice of all fruit, all vegetables or a mix, as well as how big a box you want (or how much produce).

From their Facebook page:
This week's boxes include (January 26th) - Butternut squash, baby spinach, red potatoes, chives, celery, avocado, apples, oranges, pears and limes. *Boxes subject to change based on availability. Sign-up at www.codysfreshfoods.com

They only deliver around my area (Saratoga Springs, NY), but in the 6 months or so that they have been delivering food, I have never had an issue!  It is a recurring delivery, and a recurring charge, but it is easy to cancel a delivery for any particular week.

They also  have additional items that you can add to your box - eggs, syrup, coffee, cheese, crackers.



Here are some photos of the produce from a few months ago:





We have had pineapples, oranges, limes, lemons, eggplant, plums, nectarines, peppers, onions, beans, spices, kiwi, avocado, asparagus, grapes, different types of squash, different types of lettuce and greens.  Of course, not all at the same time!

Receiving these different ingredients each week, it makes us get creative with our meals.  And since it is fresh produce, most of it needs to be used within that week.  We have tried some different types of produce that we normally wouldn't have purchased from the grocery store.


Disclaimer: I have in no way received any compensation for this review.  I found this company on my own almost a year ago and didn't start using them until the fall of 2012.  I have paid for every week that I have received a box of produce.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)