A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Mid-Winter Ick

Winter has officially been here since December 21, a little over 3 weeks ago.

The winter solstice is the day with the shortest amount of sunlight.

Why do I never really notice the days getting shorter until that point?

Now, every day I go to work in the dark and I come home in the dark - at 6:30am and 6pm.

Every day seems longer and longer in the dark, even though I know that every day there are a few less minutes of darkness and a few more  minutes of daylight.  Maybe I feel like it is always dark because I don't see the daylight.

I don't have a window in my office and I rarely get out of the office during the day.  Lately it is because it is just too dangerous to walk around with all the ice, snow, and snowbanks that are in downtown.

So I get to complain about it, and have people say "It's winter, get used to it."  Not that complaining really helps the situation, but it makes me feel better, which in some way maybe does help the situation.

*******************
Don't forget to vote for Shannon and her son Wylder to help raise Niemann-Pick awareness!

4 comments:

  1. testing :) <3 Melissa H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can notice the days getting longer...little by little...I have to pick my sons up from practice at 5:15pm..and everyday there is a little more day light...spring is coming!! too bad our forecast tonight is freezing rain!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)