A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Saving Money

In general, I am a saver, not a spender.  But when Dan got sick and we started incurring additional medical costs, I tried to step up the savings.  I didn't have alot of time then to really devote to it.  But since Dan died, I've really started to focus on couponing and saving money.

With the help of some coupon websites, I was able to save alot on a few items when I went to Target quickly:

Huggies Size N diapers, 36 count, regular price $8.99
  • used $3.00 manufacturer coupon from newspaper
  • used $1.00 Target mobile coupon
  • used 5% discount from Target Cartwheel
2 Huggies Wipes, one 56 count, one 64 count, regular price $2.39 each
  • used (2) $0.50 manufacturer coupons from newspapers
  • used $1.00/2 Target printable coupon
  • used 5% discount from Target Cartwheel
Ore-Ida Frozen Potatoes, Olive Oil and Sea Salt, 24 ounce, regular price $2.69
  • used $1.00 manufacturer coupon from newspaper
  • used $1.00 Target printable coupon
Scott Extra Soft Toilet Paper, 9 roll, regular price $5.79
  • used $1.00 manufacturer coupon from newspaper 
  • used $1.00 Target mobile coupon
  • used 5% discount from Target Cartwheel
Received $0.15 for using 3 reusable bags.


Total before tax - $10.08.  Saved $12.17 in coupons and Cartwheel savings.

I then submitted the receipt to Ibotta, a smartphone app that sends cash for buying certain items. I earned an additional $3.50 for buying the items above which I transferred to Paypal.  Ibotta also had a $2.00 bonus earning opportunity when buying diapers and wipes together. So I earned $5.50 in this trip.

I usually don't do this good, so I had to brag a bit.

1 comment:

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)