A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Is this art?

I took a Mom's Night Out last night and went to one of the local "paint and sip" art studios where you have a few drinks and they walk you through how to create the painting chosen for the session. 

So this was the painting chosen: a cupcake.  I picked this session because it seemed to be an easy picture and I thought I could put it in Shelby's room.

cupcake


Here was the easel that was set up near the front of the room.


This is how you start the night - a blank canvas and two paper plates.  One plate had paint on it and the other was a plain plate so you could mix colors.



Step 1 was to create a light blue and paint the entire canvas.  You could make darker area if you wanted an a shadow spot that would be at the bottom of the cupcake.


Step 2 was to create the wrapper.



Step 3 was to create the frosting and sprinkles.



So how did I do?  I think it came out pretty good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)