Monday, March 17, 2014
5 for Five - March 17
So what is 5 For Five? In the short form, it is 5 goals you want to achieve this week. Next week, I will report on my success (or failure).
Here were the goals from last week:
1. SMART goal - Prewrite 3 blog posts. I did this. I had a few from a few weeks that I kept moving. They all were posted last week.
2. SMART goal - read 2 newspapers a day - that should be between 10-14 by the end of the week. I read 6. It's helping that I am separating 10 from the rest of the pile so I truly can be accountable.
3. Print some Shelby pictures to send to my Grandma since she is not "wired". Nope. Didn't get to this.
4. Create at least 1 Shutterfly book. I have a free coupon code that expires this week. Done! Look for it to be posted in the next few weeks.
5. Finish the Elks brochure contest. Done. I created a 20 page booklet showcasing our Elks Memorial Day Service.
I think that is pretty good. 3.5 out of 5.
So what are my goals for this week???
1. Have a corned beef dinner.
2. SMART goal - read 2 newspapers a day - that should be between 10-14 by the end of the week.
3. Print some Shelby pictures to send to my Grandma since she is not "wired".
4. SMART goal - clean off the corner stand in the living room.
5. Start a blog redesign.
You are probably wondering what a SMART goal is. It is a term I "borrowed" from Say Goodbye to Survival Mode: 9 Simple Strategies to Stress Less, Sleep More, and Restore Your Passion for Life by Crystal Paine. SMART goals are specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and time-bound. Since all these goals are really time-bound (1 week), I just have to get better at meeting the other criteria.
Ok, who is with me? Let's keep each other on track to a better year!
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are my referral links. By clicking on these links I may be compensated.