Monday, March 24, 2014
5 for Five - March 24
So what is 5 For Five? In the short form, it is 5 goals you want to achieve this week. Next week, I will report on my success (or failure).
Here were the goals from last week:
1. Have a corned beef dinner. Done! So what if I made this an easy one?
2. SMART goal - read 2 newspapers a day - that should be between 10-14 by the end of the week. Nope. Read 4. That isn't going to get me caught up.
3. Print some Shelby pictures to send to my Grandma since she is not "wired". Nope.
4. SMART goal - clean off the corner stand in the living room. Nope.
5. Start a blog redesign. Ok. I started this a bit. I spent 8 hours learning about how to make blogs better. So expect to see some changes over the next few weeks or months.
So this was a really bad week for goals. But it was a good cuddle week with Shelby. I think I will trade the cuddles for the goals.
So what are my goals for this week???
1. SMART goal - read 2 newspapers a day - that should be between 10-14 by the end of the week.
2. Get caught up on my NNPDF emails.
3. Clean out the expired coupons.
4. Get one box of items mailed.
5. Get those pictures printed for my Grandma.
You are probably wondering what a SMART goal is. It is a term I "borrowed" from Say Goodbye to Survival Mode: 9 Simple Strategies to Stress Less, Sleep More, and Restore Your Passion for Life by Crystal Paine. SMART goals are specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and time-bound. Since all these goals are really time-bound (1 week), I just have to get better at meeting the other criteria.
Ok, who is with me? Let's keep each other on track to a better year!
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are my referral links. By clicking on these links I may be compensated.