A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Monday, July 14, 2014

5 for Five - July 14

So what is 5 For Five? In the short form, it is 5 goals I want to achieve this week. Next week, I will report on my success (or failure).

Here were the goals from last week:

1. SMART goal - read 12 newspapers this week. Finish February.  I didn't finish February, but I did read 12.
2. Start a meal plan for the month. SMART goal - Go through the freezer and make a list of what we have.  List made and dinner for Monday pre-planned.
3. Put together a Shutterfly book. Nope.
4. Do some blog updating. SMART goal - download the files I need. Yes!
5. Clean out the outdated coupons since it is a new month. Yes! Did my coupon book and my extras too!

So this was a 4 out of 5. I'm getting my groove back. I'm focusing on small goals to start feeling productive again.

So what are my goals for this week???
Here are my SMART goals for this week:

1. Read 12 newspapers this week. Finish February.
2. Pre-plan dinner for 3 nights this week
3. Put together a Shutterfly book.
4. Finish my Christmas in July shopping.
5. Clean out the "adult" stuff from Dan's room.  Ms. Shelby is crawling in there and moving things around!


You are probably wondering what a SMART goal is.  It is a term I "borrowed" from Say Goodbye to Survival Mode by Crystal Paine at Money Saving Mom.  SMART goals are specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and time-bound.  Since all these goals are really time-bound (1 week), I just have to get better at meeting the other criteria.

Ok, who is with me?  Let's keep each other on track to a better year!



Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are my referral links. By clicking on these links I may be compensated.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)