A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

It's Only Wednesday???

Have you ever had one of those weeks that you want to start over again? Well, this is one of those weeks.

The week started with bulls. Yes, bulls. You know those big creatures that have horns?

We live out in farm country. We have deer, fox, turkey wandering our yard, as well as the usual birds and chipmunks and squirrels. We had a few pigs from the farm that surrounds our house. We've had horses walking down the street from the horse rescue farm. We live across from an apple orchard. So animals are normal for us.

But bulls. Not something we expected. And not at midnight on Monday morning.

There is a longhorn cow farm a few streets over and across a major road. You can read about the farm and see pictures of the cows here.

The bulls decided not to stay in their barn and went wandering. They decided our house looked like a better barn and started knocking on the sides of the house to get in. Needless to say, a call to 911 and a trip from the farmer and 2 trips from the sheriff later, the bulls were rounded up and back home and we were wide awake at 2am.

I was hopeful that Tuesday would be a better day and I could start the week over. But that was not to be either.

I brought our 20 year old dog to the vet for a rabies shot to renew her dog license. She was too ill to receive the shot and given the other conditions she had, including a recent lack of eating and prolonged sleeping, we decided it was best to put her down.

Jasmine (Jazz) was my husband's and step-sons dog from the time she was a pup in my husband's coat pocket. I remember when we picked her up she jumped in the car and landed on my lap and washed my face. She was about 8 at the time. This was my first experience with owning a dog.


We had lots of wonderful memories with Jazz over the years. From trips to camp to being a pillow for Dan to being loved on by Shelby, she had some wonderful years.

Jazz and Dan







Jazz and Shelby






0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)