A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Do you remember your first experience?

Do you remember the first time you experienced fireworks?  Where were you?  How old were you?  Were you scared?  Did your ears hurt?


I don't know if these were my first fireworks, but I remember being about 10 or so and sitting on a blanket in a field with my parents watching fireworks.


But the most important fireworks were the ones that I saw on New Year's Eve the night I met my husband.  Second to those were the fireworks we took Dan to see.  We did see quite a few of them...from 4th of July to Charlton Day (a hometown celebration) for several years...

Although I have the memories, the memories aren't memorialized in photographs,  with the exception of the first time he saw fireworks - at SPAC for the 4th of July





So one thing I learned, is to take lots of photographs.  So I took photographs when we went to the Greenwich Elks for their annual softball tournament and kids activities and fireworks for the 4th of July.





And here are some pictures of the actual fireworks.  The multi-picture setting on a cell phone camera is an amazing invention.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)