A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.
Tuesday, July 8, 2014
5 For Five - July 7
So what is 5 For Five? In the short form, it is 5 goals I want to achieve this week. Next week, I will report on my success (or failure).
Here were the goals from last week:
1. SMART goal - read 12 newspapers this week. Done! With some! Well into February.
2. Put the Elks Flag Day book together and mail it. Done!
3. Start a meal plan for the month. Looked at a few recipes, but need to figure out what we have in the house to start with.
4. Put together a Shutterfly book. Nope.
5. Enjoy some fireworks! Yes! See post later this week.
So this was a 3 out of 5. Not bad. I'm focusing on small goals to start feeling productive again.
So what are my goals for this week???
1. SMART goal - read 12 newspapers this week. Finish February.
2. Start a meal plan for the month. SMART goal - Go through the freezer and make a list of what we have.
3. Put together a Shutterfly book.
4. Do some blog updating. SMART goal - download the files I need.
5. Clean out the outdated coupons since it is a new month.
You are probably wondering what a SMART goal is. It is a term I "borrowed" from Say Goodbye to Survival Mode by Crystal Paine at Money Saving Mom. SMART goals are specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and time-bound. Since all these goals are really time-bound (1 week), I just have to get better at meeting the other criteria.
Ok, who is with me? Let's keep each other on track to a better year!
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are my referral links. By clicking on these links I may be compensated.
I spent 4.5 years getting a diagnosis of Niemann-Pick, Type C for my son and 4.5 months to live with it. Daniel, my little soldier, spent almost 5 years with us, Dec 7, 2006 - Nov 11, 2011. I have been blessed with a beautiful healthy daughter, born in August 2013.