A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

5 For Five - Dec 15

Ok, so I'm a few days late this week....let's see what I can squeeze in.

So what is 5 For Five? In the short form, it is 5 goals I want to achieve this week. Next week, I will report on my success (or failure).

Here were the goals from last week:
1. Get those newspapers read!  Not to make an excuse, but I used to read them on the bus.  Now that it is dark in the morning and at night on my commute, I have to put the reading light on and sometimes I get snarky looks because others are sleeping.  I did get a few read
2. Finish some of the blog posts I have in draft. Nope
3. Pull together the flexible spending receipts. Yes, now to submit them.
4. Start decorating for Christmas. Yes!  Post coming this week.
5. Clean off my desk at work. It's organized, but not clean.

That was a reasonable week. So what are my goals for this week???


So here are my SMART goals for this week:
1. Read through July 18.
2. File the papers on my desk at work.
3. Submit the Flexible Spending receipts
4. Finish the draft blog posts.
5. Jamberry followup.


You are probably wondering what a SMART goal is.  It is a term I "borrowed" from Say Goodbye to Survival Mode by Crystal Paine at Money Saving Mom.  SMART goals are: specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and time-bound.  Since all these goals are really time-bound (1 week), I just have to get better at meeting the other criteria.

Ok, who is with me?  Let's keep each other on track to a better year!



Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are my referral links. By clicking on these links I may be compensated.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)