A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Monday, October 8, 2012

International Friends

October is Niemann-Pick Disease Awareness Month.

NPD is not just confined to the United States.  There are several families that I talk with in United Kingdom that have also lost their children, and others that have children who are affected.  Below is a small sampling.

Below is a video of Calum Burdon, from the UK, who lost his battle on December 26, 2011.  Calum reminds us so much of Dan, although Calum was a couple of years older.




This is a video of Ben (and his sisters), from the UK, who also lost his battle to NPC in April 2012.






This is Anabel in Portugal.





This is Nanami in Japan.





From Australia.  Sadly Matt (Sitting) lost his battle with NPC Disease on July 14, 2012. 




Damien in Switzerland with NPB




Amber in New Zealand  with NPA.  We had the wonderful pleasure of meeting this darling and her parents when we were in Nashville.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)