A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easter Photos

For some reason, Easter always felt like the fun holiday with Dan.  I got excited about coloring eggs with him and then hiding them (not too difficult) and having him find them - and the look on his face when he did find one.

So I wanted to share some of those Easter memories.

First Easter 2007


 Opening the Easter Basket in 2008 (age 1 1/2) 





 (No, they aren't real peeps)


Coloring eggs in 2009 (age 2 1/2)





Can't forget about eating the Chocolate Bunny with Daddy!


Finding Easter eggs in 2010 (age 3 1/2)









We never had a chance to get pictures in 2011, as Dan had really started to decline by then.




Dan's basket this year.  I found it exactly like this in the basement will all the other holiday decorations.




2 comments:

  1. Oh Jill - these are priceless! I love the one where he is obviously scouring the bottom of the basket to see if there might be just one more goodie in there! And his curious little face as he examines each egg. Such a perfectly beautiful boy! The Easter basket really gave my heartstrings a yank - that bunny is definitely missing Dan. Thank you so very much for sharing these and letting us get to know Dan a little better. What a day brightener! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for linking up at Thumping Thursday's Blog hop. I am so sorry about your son. These are precious pictures with I am sure wonderful stories and memories behind them. God Bless your angel son. Following via GFC.

    Jackie @ The Non-Martha Momma

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)