In some countries it is a holiday, but not here in the US.
Yet, we did have a bit of a celebration today - the temperature reached well over 70 degrees today and it was an absolutely beautiful spring/summer day. Beautiful blue sky, bright sunshine, and just a light breeze. It was a wonderful day to be outside.
Unfortunately, it was a workday, so I didn't get a chance to get outside and enjoy the weather.
On another subject, there is a conference call this Friday, May 3 on the NIH cyclodextrin trial. I have copied the information from the NNPDF website.
NPC Community Wide Conference Call
The National Niemann-Pick Disease Foundation has been informed by Dr. Denny Porter, principal investigator of the NIH/TRND Cyclodextrin Clinical trial that the NIH team has decided to pause the Cyclodextrin clinical trial ~ currently being held at the NIH in Bethesda, Maryland, USA. The NNPDF will host a NPC community-wide conference call, with Dr. Denny Porter and Dr. Dan Ory as the key speakers, to discuss this and other updates pertaining to the trial.
The NPC community-wide conference call will be held on ~ Friday, May 3rd, 2013 at:
*8:30 am PDT; 10:30 am CDT; 11:30 am EDT; 12:30 pm in Argentina and Brazil; 6:30 pm Israel
4:30 pm in UK; 5:30 pm in France, Germany, Holland, Italy, Poland, Spain, Switzerland.
- Overview of the issues leading up to the decision to place the current trial into a pause status
- The plan to continue the NIH Phase 1 clinical trial to evaluate the safety of Cyclodextrin in NPC1
- The NIH/TRND Cyclodextrin Clinical Trial team will continue to send additional follow-up correspondence to the NPC community world-wide regarding the protocol and status of same
- Questions pertaining to the information presented during the call may be e-mailed directly to members of the NIH/TRND team and they will forward along to Drs. Ory and Porter for a response. firstname.lastname@example.org
- This teleconference will be limited in time and recorded. A written transcript of the call will be posted and made available to the NPC community.
- Questions during the call on Friday or resulting from the call can be emailed to: email@example.com and will be responded to either on the call, if there is time, or after the call by direct e-mail. In addition, we will create a “Q & A” document resulting from these inquiries which will also be posted and made available to the NPC community.
Listed below are the dial-in conference call instructions:
Toll free/Canada and the United States: 1-800-615-2820
Toll (International Participants): 1-719-867-0495*
Participant Passcode: 187670#*Additional International Toll Free lines are being established and will be posted here prior to Friday’s call.
If you have any questions pertaining to this notification ~ please feel free to e-mail the NNPDF Central Offices at: firstname.lastname@example.org.