A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Monday, April 29, 2013

5 for Five - Week 17

It's a new week! That means a new installment of 5 for Five with Jenn and Jessica!  See the blogs participating by clicking on the button below or see my blog hop page.



FantasticallyAverage




Last week's goals:
1. Read 10 newspapers.
         Done!  Read over 10!
2. Write 4 blog posts this week.
         Done! See here, here, here and here.
3. Get caught up on 2 of my blogs this week.
         Nope, so it goes on the list this week
4. Be in bed by 11pm Monday to Thursday this week (I have another busy week, so this is questionable)
         Did it 2 of 4 days, so not too bad.
5. Keep eating the fruit and drinking the water.
         Slacked off a bit, so need to be more aware of it.


Not too bad this week.  I'm aiming for completing all 5 tasks next week!


This week's goals:
1. Read 10 newspapers.
2. Write 4 blog posts.
3. Get caught up on 2 blogs.
4. Do some decluttering around the house.
5. Find the farmer's markets in my area.


Ok - so here is some background on these....
1. We all have our quirks.  One of mine is reading newspapers in consecutive order, no matter how old they are.  When Dan was in the hospital for a month in mid-2011, I got behind.  After he died, I got further behind.  But I have been slowly chipping away at them.  I get 8 newspapers a week (one daily and 2 on Sunday's).  I am in mid-November 2012 now.

2. I want to write more blog posts, so by putting the goal here, it makes me accountable.

3. I am subscribed to quite a few blogs of interest to me - others that participate in the blog hops, other Niemann-Pick families.  I've been slacking on keeping up with the reading of the entries.  And with Google Reader being discontinued, I want to make sure I am all caught up on all of them before it goes away!

4. We have been so busy the past few weeks, that some of the paper clutter has started to accumulate again.  Time to get organized!

5. The company that was delivering fresh produce to my doorstep every week has stopped providing that service.  But since the summer is here, I know the farmer's markets will be starting.  I want to put a list together of locations/dates/times so I know where I can find fresh produce this summer.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot wait for the Farmers Market to start here! My favorite part of summer besides of course the sun, haha. :) Good luck this wk!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)