A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Friday, September 27, 2013

Crying over music

At different times we have all had strong emotional reactions to music.  We love certain songs.  We hate others. Some bring back strong memories. But we have some measure of control over our emotions.

Can you imagine not having control of your emotions and crying every time you heard certain types of music?  The child in the article linked below has a rare disease that causes him to cry when he hears certain types of music, "especially classical music or pop songs about love."

http://abcnews.go.com/story?id=20318461

1 comment:

  1. Wow - this is so much the story of parents of special needs children. I have several friends whose children have autism and they often communicate their sadness and frustration at the unsolicated remarks they get when their children have a meltdown in public. Which again points to the crucial need to educate and raise awareness about special needs kids. Although I never commented out loud, I was one of those people who rolled their eyes and felt annoyance at children acting out in public. Because my autism parent friends have made such an effort to educate, my whole perspective has changed and now I often do comment or gesture - in a positive and supportive way. That kid having the tantrum is not always a special needs kid, but I'm pretty sure both the child and the parent have "special needs" during that scenario. So again, Jill - thank you for your great posts - they always remind me to try harder to be aware of what another person is feeling. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)