A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Monday, December 16, 2013

5 for Five - Dec 16

Party of One


So what is 5 For Five? In the short form, it is 5 goals you want to achieve this week. Next week, I will report on my success (or failure). Jenn does a better job of explaining it here.

Here were last week's goals:
1. Finish reading the preview copy of Crystal's book. Done! Now I need to re-read it and put some of her ideas into practice.
2. Finish cleaning out my expired coupons. Yes! All the November ones are gone!
3. Read 2 newspapers a day.  It felt so good to make such progress, I want to hold myself accountable!  I did 6 of 7 days! And I am done with May!
4. Finish decorating Shelby's room. I really want to get this done before she sleeps in there full-time.  I put up the vinyl stickers but still have more to do.  The stickers were what I really wanted to do, so I'm calling this a success.
5. Write at least 3 more blog posts this week. I enjoy writing, but need to make time to do it. Done!

I'm saying this is a 5 of 5 week - I did it!!!


So what are the plans for next week? Here are mine:
1. Decorate for Christmas.
2. Read 2 newspapers a day.
3. Start implementing some of Crystal's ideas from her book Say Goodbye to Survival Mode.
4. Do some work on NNPDF items.
5. Take some time for myself.


Anyone want to join me in making some goals? How did everyone do with their goals from last week? So what are you planning for this week? Feel free to post them below if you want.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)