Today is Giving Tuesday. You didn't know that? I didn't either until I saw several people writing about it.
You can read more about it here.
What is #GivingTuesday?
We have a day for giving thanks. We have two for getting deals. This year help us create #GivingTuesday. A new day for giving back. On Tuesday December 3, 2013, global charities, families, businesses, community centers, students and more will come together to create #GivingTuesday.
It’s a simple idea. Just find a way for your family, your community, your company or your organization to come together to give something more. Then tell everyone you can about how you are giving. Be a part of a national celebration of our great tradition of generosity.
So how can you help? There are easy ways to donate time or money to a non-profit. Of course, I am going to encourage you to donate to the National Niemann Pick Disease Foundation (NNPDF) in memory of my son Daniel.
So here are some ways to participate:
Easy no cost option: Register with GoodSearch. I have sent almost $10 to the NNPDF just by searching!
Signing up is simple:
- Register and choose the National Niemann-Pick Disease Foundation as your supported foundation.
- Once signed in, start using their search engine every day as you normally would any search engine. Make www.goodsearch.com your home page if it helps remind you!
- For every search you click a link from the results page, Goodsearch gives $.01 to the foundation, which adds up fast!
- It even keeps track so you can see how much YOU have earned on our behalf!
Are you an Amazon shopper??
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support the NNPDF every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com after registering, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to the NNPDF!
Registering is easy!
- Visit: http://smile.amazon.com/ch/35-1844264 & sign in under your current amazon account, or register one if you are a first time user. It may ask you if you want to support the NNPDF in a pop up, click yes to continue.
- You'll notice when it returns you to the AmazonSmile home page the top left corner now says "Supporting: National Niemann-Pick Disease Foundation". This is how you'll know it registered correctly.
- Make sure you always go to www.smile.amazon.com so your account registers the donation upon checkout. Bookmarking the address can help as a reminder to! If you use the standard www.amazon.com link, purchases made will not register to benefit the NNPDF.
You may wonder how you'll know if an item qualifies for a donation to the NNPDF, as there are some restrictions when a donation WILL NOT be made to the NNPDF (ie: Gift Cards)…..follow these simple tips:
~ While on a product's page, you'll be looking for the text below, which is usually placed under the area where it says if the product is in stock or not.
Something simple but wearable: An NNPDF Persevere For Life wristband.
The popularity of wristbands cannot be denied, as they are not only a simple way to wear your cause, but also as a constant reminder of who we fight for in our Quest for a Cure!
Recently updated with "Persevere for Life" engraved along the band, these periwinkle wristbands are so versatile they can be used all year round as:
- Local fundraiser items to help build a sense of community, whether as saleable items or handouts - both of which to help promote awareness
- Party favors in grab bags for birthdays or holidays
- Stocking Stuffers!
- Crafters can put their own creative spin on it - why not link them together to make a holiday wreath?
- Purchase one for yourself in Honor or Memory of a loved one as a lasting keepsake, while simultaneously helping to fund needed research.
Wear the Cause in your Heart on your Wrist.
*Youth & Adult Sizes available.
Want a great gift? WillowWicks!
Lisa Chavez, of New Mexico and Mom to Breann (who passed away in 2006 at age 3 from NPC), hand-crafts the special PERSEVERE candles to benefit the NNPDF. A Whopping 40% of the total sale cost for these items will be donated directly back to the NNPDF! Wow ~ what a GREAT way to give a wonderful gift and support the NNPDF to boot!
Just in time to help with your holiday gift giving, Lisa has created a NEW “PERSEVERE for Life” line of hand-crafted products including both candles and lotion! For those who have had the opportunity to attend the NNPDF annual family conferences and are welcomed into the large conference session rooms by the warm, beautiful scent of the memorial candles ~ these candles are made with the same comforting warm aroma ~ Butterfly Kisses.
Both the candles & lotion are scented with the NNPDF signature Butterfly Kisses scent (aka Creamsycle). Special sizes and prices for our NNPDF family membership are:
- 16 oz. tin candle - $20
- 8 oz. tin candle - $12
- 8 oz. lotion - $10
Another online shopping option: iGive (including gift cards)
From the hard core, to the casual online shopper, iGive.com is perfect for all types!
So what is iGive and how can it be used to benefit the NNPDF? In more ways than you think!
When you sign up using our specific link, which will automatically set the foundation you wish to benefit as the NNPDF, you have two choices:
- I want to browse stores through iGive's web site -
This means you visit iGive.com and browse their large catalog of stores
that, when the links are clicked, will automatically detect that
proceeds for purchases go to the NNPDF upon check out on retailer's web
- I want iGive to tell me what sites benefit the NNPDF as I visit them on my own - This requires the free iGive Button, which sits in your internet browser. As you visit web sites, you'll get a popup telling you automatically if purchases from that site will benefit the NNPDF. The download is simple and quick!
It has never been easier to purchase for loved ones and benefit the NPD community at the same time! You were planning to shop online, why not take that one extra step and make each purchase count to a better tomorrow?
Give the Gift of Awareness... Give the Gift of Hope!