A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Friday, March 21, 2014

Rainbows

The urban dictionary defines "rainbow baby" as a baby that is born after pregnancy loss or still birth.  The definition has slowly been expanded to include a baby born after the loss of a child, no matter what the cause.

We have five rainbow babies in the Niemann Pick Family:

1. Shelby, born in August 2013, baby sister to Daniel
2. Bella, born in September 2013, baby sister to Monica
3. Koa, born in March 2014, baby brother to Wylder
4. Baby Girl, due in June 2014, baby sister to Trek
5. Baby, due in August 2014, baby sibling to Jacob (this child is actually the 2nd rainbow)

I will be writing more about each of these blessings in the weeks to come.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)