Monday, April 21, 2014
5 for Five - April 21
So what is 5 For Five? In the short form, it is 5 goals you want to achieve this week. Next week, I will report on my success (or failure).
Here were the goals from last week:
1. SMART goal - read 2 newspapers a day - that should be between 10-14 by the end of the week. I am determined to get these done before Shelby turns 1 in 4 months! Done! Separating 10 from the rest of the pile has really helped.
2. Get back into a blogging schedule of at least 3-4 posts a week (besides this one). Done! The posts last week were very emotional ones too. You can read them here, here, and here.
3. Finish cleaning the expired coupons. If I wait any longer, I will be cleaning out the April expired ones too! Done! Finally!
4. Do some NNPDF action items. Done! Had one conference call and sent out a bunch of emails.
5. Get Shelby's Easter basket ready. Done! I made this one easy, so I was guaranteed at least one success this week. :)
I had an awesome week!
So what are my goals for this week???
1. SMART goal - read 12 newspapers this week. I am determined to get these done before Shelby turns 1 in 4 months!
2. Clean out two clutter areas before Shelby starts crawling
3. Get into a blogging schedule.
4. Do another Shutterfly book.
5. Do a bit more on the blog redesign.
You are probably wondering what a SMART goal is. It is a term I "borrowed" from Say Goodbye to Survival Mode: 9 Simple Strategies to Stress Less, Sleep More, and Restore Your Passion for Life by Crystal Paine. SMART goals are specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and time-bound. Since all these goals are really time-bound (1 week), I just have to get better at meeting the other criteria.
Ok, who is with me? Let's keep each other on track to a better year!
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are my referral links. By clicking on these links I may be compensated.