A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Tears of Joy and Sadness

I knew this was going to happen. And I know it won't be the last time it happens. Actually, I'm sure it will happen quite a bit more.

Watching Shelby explore and learn brings tears to my eyes.



Those keys that Shelby is eating? Those are Dan's keys. That blanket? I found that somewhere to put down on the ground outside for Dan to explore on.




The only constant in these pictures is the dog. The couch is gone, Dan is gone, and the dog is way too old to jump up on the couch now anyway (she just turned 20!)

But watching Shelby move around in her walker and throwing her baby snacks and toys on the floor remind me alot of Dan. But she is alot more active! We have to chase her to change her diaper (and she is still on her back). Dan would pretty much just lay there.

Watching her grow makes me realize how much Dan wasn't able to do right from birth.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)