A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Saturday, December 27, 2014

December 26

Some people call December 26 Boxing Day.  Others call it "Return All The Unwanted Christmas Presents" Day.

As I was scrolling through my Facebook feed yesterday I realized that for a few families it is very bittersweet.

Sweet Damon Cardinal was born on 12/25/2006 in Canada.  The same year as Dan.  Damon fought with Niemann-Pick Type A for 15 1/2 months.





Nine years ago, the Heinze family in Michigan said goodbye to their son Tyler who had Niemann-Pick Type C.  This family will have to say goodbye to two more daughters.





In 2011, shortly after Dan died, sweet Calum Burdon in England lost his fight with Niemann-Pick Type C.





Please keep these families in your thoughts.  The holiday season will never be the same for them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)