A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Measuring blood pressure in kids

If you've ever had to take your child to the doctor and had their blood pressure taken, you know that it is either the easiest thing in the world or the toughest.  Who wants to have their arm or leg squeezed while "tied up" with a whirring machine nearby?

But did you know that where and how blood pressure is taken can make a difference in diagnosis?

Boston Children's Hospital has created a new app like system to help doctors and other practioners make sense of kids blood pressure readings.  Read all about it here:  http://vectorblog.org/2012/09/new-app-distills-the-fine-art-of-interpreting-a-childs-blood-pressure/

(I am in no way affiliated with them - I just thought this was interesting information.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)