A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Sleep, oh beautiful sleep...

I don't know if it is the time change or the weather.

I do know that sleep has been few and far between lately. No matter what time I go to bed, I will sleep about 3 hours and then be awake for 3 hours.

It took a few days for me to figure this pattern out because I was waking up about 2am and twisting and turning until 5am. Of course when the alarm went off at 6am I was miserable.

So a few nights ago I slept on the couch from 8-11pm and was awake from 11pm-2am. Fell back to sleep and actually felt pretty good when the alarm went off in the morning!

Boy I sure hope my body starts adjusting to whatever it was that triggered this crazy sleeping pattern!

I've had warm milk and chamomile tea suggested to me as remedies, but who wants to start cooking at 2am??

I've tried laying in bed, getting up and watching something boring on tv, reading, white noise, nightlights, total darkness - all without success until that 3 hour window is up.

There are many things I'm thinking about, but nothing really new in the past few weeks, so I don't think that is the cause. I don't remember if I'm dreaming, so I don't know if something is waking me.

Any other thoughts or ideas???

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)