A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.
Monday, June 23, 2014
5 For Five - June 23
So what is 5 For Five? In the short form, it is 5 goals you want to
achieve this week. Next week, I will report on my success (or failure).
Here were the goals from last week:
1. SMART goal - read 12 newspapers this week. I am determined to get these done before Shelby turns 1 in 2 months! Yes, plus some! I've started reading January.
2. Put the Elks Flag Day book together. Nope.
3. Make a list of needed grocery items. Hubby made a list.
4. Get into a post-work routine. I am getting into a new habit so I don't aimlessly walk around the house when I get home.
5. Clear out some of the assorted paperwork around this house. I did do a little bit.
So this was a 4 out of 5.
So what are my goals for this week???
SMART goal - read 12 newspapers this week. I don't think I will get totally caught up before Shelby turns 1, but I want to get the stack knocked down a bit more.
2. Put the Elks Flag Day book together.
3. SMART goal - Write and schedule 3 posts for the next 2 weeks.
4. Mail out 3 packages.
5. Catch the early bus to work every morning.
You are probably wondering what a SMART goal is. It is a term I "borrowed" from Say Goodbye to Survival Mode by Crystal Paine at Money Saving Mom.
SMART goals are specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and
time-bound. Since all these goals are really time-bound (1 week), I
just have to get better at meeting the other criteria.
Ok, who is with me? Let's keep each other on track to a better year!
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are my referral links. By clicking on these links I may be compensated.
I spent 4.5 years getting a diagnosis of Niemann-Pick, Type C for my son and 4.5 months to live with it. Daniel, my little soldier, spent almost 5 years with us, Dec 7, 2006 - Nov 11, 2011. I have been blessed with a beautiful healthy daughter, born in August 2013.