A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Monday, June 23, 2014

5 For Five - June 23

So what is 5 For Five? In the short form, it is 5 goals you want to achieve this week. Next week, I will report on my success (or failure).

Here were the goals from last week:

1. SMART goal - read 12 newspapers this week. I am determined to get these done before Shelby turns 1 in 2 months! Yes, plus some! I've started reading January.
2. Put the Elks Flag Day book together. Nope.
3. Make a list of needed grocery items. Hubby made a list.
4. Get into a post-work routine. I am getting into a new habit so I don't aimlessly walk around the house when I get home.
5. Clear out some of the assorted paperwork around this house. I did do a little bit.

So this was a 4 out of 5.  

So what are my goals for this week???

1. SMART goal - read 12 newspapers this week.  I don't think I will get totally caught up before Shelby turns 1, but I want to get the stack knocked down a bit more.
2. Put the Elks Flag Day book together.
3. SMART goal - Write and schedule 3 posts for the next 2 weeks.
4. Mail out 3 packages.
5. Catch the early bus to work every morning.

You are probably wondering what a SMART goal is.  It is a term I "borrowed" from Say Goodbye to Survival Mode by Crystal Paine at Money Saving Mom.  SMART goals are specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and time-bound.  Since all these goals are really time-bound (1 week), I just have to get better at meeting the other criteria.

Ok, who is with me?  Let's keep each other on track to a better year!



Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are my referral links. By clicking on these links I may be compensated.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)