A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Monday, August 18, 2014

5 For Five - Aug 18

So what is 5 For Five? In the short form, it is 5 goals I want to achieve this week. Next week, I will report on my success (or failure).

Here were the goals from last week:
1. Read newspapers until April 26 (14 calendar days and 16 newspapers). Nope.  I read through April 20, which is 8 days and 10 newspapers.
2. Remove 3 "adult" items from Dan's room. Yes. Slowing cleaning out the stuff I don't want Shelby playing with.
3. Re-organize Shelby's toys. Nope.
4. Pre-write several blog posts. Done!
5. Call cable to reduce the bill. Done! Saving about $33 a month.


So this was a 3.5 out of 5.  Definitely not good. But the one I did do was the most important.  I'm focusing on small goals to start feeling productive again.

So what are my goals for this week???
Here are my SMART goals for this week:

1. Read newspapers until April 30 (10 calendar days and 11 newspapers)
2. Remove 3 "adult" items from Dan's room.
3. Re-organize Shelby's toys.
4. Pre-write several blog posts.
5. Put my Jamberry nails on.

I am finally starting to realize how specific I need to make my goals, which is the the "S" in SMART.

You are probably wondering what a SMART goal is.  It is a term I "borrowed" from Say Goodbye to Survival Mode by Crystal Paine at Money Saving Mom.  SMART goals are: specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and time-bound.  Since all these goals are really time-bound (1 week), I just have to get better at meeting the other criteria.

Ok, who is with me?  Let's keep each other on track to a better year!



Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are my referral links. By clicking on these links I may be compensated.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)