A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Saturday, October 18, 2014

October 2014 Niemann Pick Disease Fundraiser

The first year I joined the Niemann Pick family was the same year we diagnosed and lost Dan.  And with some coincidence, the fundraiser the National Niemann-Pick Disease Foundation was doing that year ended on the date of his death - 11-11-11.

Since then, I have held a fundraiser every fall - sometime between October and December - between Niemann-Pick awareness month and his birthday.

This year I am sponsoring an online only fundraiser.  It's called "Let's Nail NPC Research!"  This year funds are being donated to the NNPDF and Chase the Cure.


If you are on Facebook you can reach the event here.
If you are not on Facebook you can reach the party here.


What are Jamberry Nails?
Jamberry Nails are salon quality nail wraps that you apply in convenience of your home in less than 30 minutes. With over 300 designs to choose from, they are made in the USA with no harsh chemicals and are latex free. Wraps last up to 2 weeks on fingers and up to 6 weeks on toes. They cost a fraction of salon prices!

I created a special periwinkle ribbon wrap for October Awareness Month.  This wrap is only available from me, so if you are interested, please contact me.  You can use the contact form on the right side of this blog.


They are very easy to apply and remove with items you have at home: a hair dry, a pair of scissors, rubbing alcohol and some oil.  You can check out the application and removal process in the video below


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)