A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Friday, February 13, 2015

More goodbyes

I have written about Isaiah Atkins a few times:

2014 Rare Disease post here
A Random Act of Kindness here

Unfortunately, I am not writing a happy post now.

Isaiah "Zay" Adkins
01/24/2004 ~ 02/05/2015

Zay


Isaiah Adkins, known lovingly by his family as Zay, lost his battle with Niemann-Pick type C on February 5th, 2015 at the tender age of 11 years.

Zay will always be remembered as a treasured son, and a beloved sibling who was always ready with a sweet smile for anyone who had the pleasure to know him in his short time with us. 

His mother, Angela Tackett, writes adoringly about Zay and shared these thoughts about him:
"What comes to mind about Zay is that he never met a stranger or other families whose hearts he didn't touch. He loved the Lord and praised him often. As Zay grew, he was full of love and spread happiness to everyone he was ever in contact with. He is greatly loved and missed by all."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)