A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Monday, June 19, 2017

Father's Day

This past weekend was Father's Day.  We went camping in Lake George (less than an hour away).

While there I was struck by the way our life is "normal" now and just how far we have come in 6 years.

You see, 6 years ago we were sitting in a hospital room waiting for a diagnosis. We had fun plans for the weekend, which we cancelled.  Instead, we spent it in a Garden reading the history of the hospital.

I had started to make a "bucket list" for Dan - things to do and places to go - so we would always have fun memories.  Well, not one thing was crossed off that list.

I found that list about a year or so ago and posted it on our pegboard.  I'm not sure if this past weekend, with playing in the Lake and riding the rides at Magic Forest, were on the list.

But one thing I did realize - you don't need a bucket list to make memories.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)