A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Friday, June 22, 2012

Quiet Weekend Ahead

It's been 1 year since Dan's diagnosis and a bit over 7 months since we lost him. I'm finally starting to get myself back together.


I went back to work on January 1.  I didn't want to go back but in a small office it was tough on everyone else after being actually
out for 7 weeks but mentally out for more than that. I also was working on borrowed time - a concoction my boss came up with to keep me paid since I had used up all my vacation and sick time.

I had no incentive to do much of anything for quite some time.  I finally got back into a groove of things.  I'm catching up on my newspapers (well mainly the comics).  I wrote the appeal for the Medicaid denials.  I wrote letters to get more records.  And all of it this week.  I have some renewed energy.

But I still have 4 months of newspapers to read.  And more record requests.  And cleaning up the messes of paper that are lying around.  But it is supposed to be nice out so I will be sitting on the deck getting some sun and relaxing too.

I am slowly getting back into a routine - paying bills, going out - the routine things.  Each day is another step forward in a new normal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)