A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Politics - Not my favorite subject

It's that lovely time of year when the television ads are dominated by advertisements for one candidate or another.  Truthfully, I mute them or change the channel.  The 30 second sound bite is just that, a sound bite - which may or may not be true, or taken out of context, or changed in some way. 

I do my duty, and vote for the people I think will do the best job for my needs and in the area I live - I don't vote for any one particular party.  In fact, I am not even registered in any political party!  I can still vote in any general election, just not primary elections.

But that is not the reason for this post.  A good friend of mine has, for almost 2 years, been searching for a diagnosis for her daughter.  We have traveled similar paths of tests, Medicaid regulations, and hospital stays.  She had to become a stay-at-home mom, leaving a doctoral program, because of her daughter's needs.  And she has a significant amount of time to do research on all sorts of things, including the politicians.

A few weeks ago, she posted on her blog about The Election.  I think it very clearly explains the predicament of middle class families with children that have significant medical needs.  She recently followed it up with a post about Medicaid.


Whether you agree or not, please read the posts and truly think about who you will vote for this November.

1 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)