A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Learn to Say No

Say Goodbye to Survival Mode Challenge – Day 1: Learn to Say No

If we want to say goodbye to survival mode, we need to make time for what really matters. This means we have to clear out the nonessential commitments. The fastest way to do this? Learn to say no.

Today’s Challenge
Sit down somewhere quiet and compose a to-do list for tomorrow. Include everything on your plate, from the moment you wake up until you go to bed. When you’re finished, force yourself to immediately eliminate three items from your list. Just cross them out.

This is not a mind trick to make you feel more productive than you really are. Instead, it’s a way to help you start learning to evaluate your activities and commitments. Choose three items and get rid of them.

Say Goodbye to Survival Mode

You can sign up for the Challenge at the link in the picture.

***********************

Ok, so I'm starting the Challenge, just like I told you I would on Monday. But I am modifying it a bit. I'm going to work on an item a week, instead of an item a day.

I've started two lists for the next few days: one for work and one for home. Some of the home list is on my weekly 5 For Five post.  I will make another home list for the weekend and then two more lists for early next week. I will keep you updated on how I do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)