A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Friday, March 7, 2014

Birthday Thoughts

With my 40th birthday yesterday, I figured I would make a list of the 5 things that I like about turning 40:

1. It is an easy number to remember.
2. I instantly seem wiser.
3. I've figured out what is important to me and my life.
4. I'm not afraid to try new things.
5. I'm not afraid to speak my mind.

I don't look at 40 as a bad number.  I am actually kind of looking forward to it. 

The past few years have been really tough, so maybe this is a time to turn my life around.  I guess in some way you could call it a mid-life crisis.  I prefer to look at it as "finding my path" and doing what is best for me and my family, in that order.

So if you are 40 or older, did you enjoy 40 or not?  If you are under 40, what scares you about it?



0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)