A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Thursday, May 8, 2014

A Change in Attitude

Last fall I was given the opportunity to read a preview copy of Say Goodbye to Survival Mode: 9 Simple Strategies to Stress Less, Sleep More, and Restore Your Passion for Life by Crystal Paine, the woman behind Money Saving Mom.  I also wrote about her 7-Day Challenge during the winter.  And every week in my 5 for Five post, I reference her SMART goal setting.

But the book is really about approaching your life with a different attitude.  And until Saturday May 10, you can get the Kindle book for only $2.99!

Here is what Crystal says about her book:


Wondering what Say Goodbye to Survival Mode is about? Here’s a description I shared recently:
Are you exhausted and overwhelmed with life? Do you wake up feeling like you’re already behind — and you haven’t even gotten out of bed? Do you spend most of your days just trying to make through the day?
 
If that’s you (or someone you know!), you need to get a copy of my book, Say Goodbye to Survival Mode. I wrote this book because I get it. I’ve walked the road of feeling spent, worn down, and burnt out. And after burning the candle at both ends for far too long and hurting my health, marriage, and family in the process, I finally reached a breaking point.
 
The day I finally hit rock bottom and said, “I can’t live like this any more!” was the day I realized I didn’t have to live in such a frantic, stressed, and overloaded way. There was a road out of survival mode!
 
In Say Goodbye to Survival Mode, I share candidly about the struggles I faced along the way and the strategies I learned for success. This book is not a fix-your-life-overnight handbook (sorry!). Instead, I’ll take your hand, and gently guide you through a step-by-step journey so that you, too, can:
  • feel healthier and more energetic by setting priorities and boundaries,
  • eliminate stress with savvy management of your time, money, and home,
  • get more done by setting realistic goals and embracing discipline,
  • and rediscover your passions—and the confidence to pursue them!

I wrote about what I learned from Say Goodbye to Survival Mode. I have a hard copy as well as the preview Kindle copy and I have gone back and looked at different sections to remind me that I can turn my life around.  It all starts with realizing where you are, where you want to go, and setting doable (but challenging) steps to get there.

If you are feeling overwhelmed or just plain frustrated, take a few minutes to read the first chapter and see if you can relate to her path.

Please let me know if you have picked up a copy and what you think.


I was provided an advance copy of the book for preview purposes. I have not received any compensation for my opinion.  All opinions are my own.   I may be compensated if you click on the links.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)