A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Week 5 for 5

It's Monday! That means a new installment of 5 for Five with Jenn and Jessica!  See the blogs participating by clicking on the button on the left or below.


FantasticallyAverage


Last week's goals:
1. Really decide on the Christmas plans (it's only 1 week away!)
            I decorated a bit, see the post here.  We also went to a step-son's house for a fun family gathering.  We will be going to my mom's for Christmas dinner too.

2. Finish getting caught up on my blog reading and commenting.
             Still working on this one!  I only have 783 blogs to read....I don't think I'm going to be commenting on all of them.

3. Go grocery shopping
              Done!  $231 later we have food again!  To be fair, it is just two of us and we haven't been grocery shopping in probably 3-4 weeks.  And I saved almost $100 using my grocery savings card and coupons.  I probably could have saved more, but I wasn't organized enough with the coupons.

4. Make fresh juice twice this week.
             Nope...not once...but I looked at all the fruit and veggies I have to make some.  Does that count?

5. Read 10 newspapers.
             I read 8 (although most of them were yesterday)

Not too bad this past week.


So what are the plans for Christmas week?
1. Rest while I have a few days off.
2. Make fresh juice twice this week.
3. Read 10 newspapers.
4. Finish wrapping presents.
5. Get my coupons organized.

5 comments:

  1. Last week wasn't too bad! I'm proud of you for getting grocery shopping done- I certainly DID NOT complete this goal :) Also, I think reading 8 newspapers in one week is awesome! Good for you!

    Great goals for the week ahead. I have some last minute wrapping to do today, too! I think that resting and relaxing while you have some time too is so important- so make sure you make this goal happen ;) Also, making fresh juice sounds so delicious!

    Good luck with the week ahead! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you through the link up today! That is a lot of blogs to stay current on! I can't wait to see how the juicing goes.
    Merry Christmas,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm amazed you even got through 8 newspapers! I love the news some days, but others it's just hard to keep up.

    - Chloe
    http://rainbowsandhoneysuckle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fresh juice and relaxing! Two goals that I would love to do too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yum, I love fresh juice! I really need to find some time to make some. :)

    Newest follower from 5 For Five! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)