A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Saturday, December 22, 2012

My other "kids"

I don't talk (well, write) about them often, but I have 2 other "kids" - a cat and a dog.

The cat will be 11 in April and the dog will be 19 in April.



Soon after Dan came home from the hospital, being the protector









 A few years later, the dog is keeping Dan warm






 



A few years later, Dan sleeping on the dog






This was taken in May 2011, we thought we were losing her but she had eaten a nasty tasting bug.
Dan and the dog always got along...but what dog doesn't love kids??  Table scraps, dropped cookies....

And yes, she looks like a German Shepard but she is short.  She is part terrier, so that explains the short legs.




Dan and the cat never had a good relationship.....









This was about as close as she would get to him.....



Until he got real sick.   Then she became his protector.



1 comment:

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)