A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Guardian Angel Monica

A few weeks ago I wrote about five rainbow children - babies born after the loss of another child.  Today's post is about Monica and Bella.



Princess Monica also had Niemann Pick Type C.  Monica was severely affected and had a wonderful 2 1/2 years of life with her parents and family.  Mom Heather celebrated each birthday with a yummy treat.  We all looked forward to seeing the pictures of the amazing creation that was Monica's birthday cake.  You can read more of Monica's story here, including pictures of the yummy treats.

Dad Simon and Mom Heather
at the NNPDF Conference in Baltimore, MD
August 2013


As you can see, Bella was not too far from making her grand entrance into this world at the NNPDF conference in August 2013.





Monica became a guardian angel to Bella on September 15, 2013.  I know that both girls are much loved and Monica is very much missed.  But I also know that Bella will have a wonderful life because Monica is keeping an eye on her.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)