A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Just when you think it is safe

Grief is never ending.  Some days are not as intense as others.  Some days are almost unbearable and other days are very functional.
 
A few weeks ago we were cleaning out the junk drawer and found this.

 
 
What is it? It's the list of places I wanted to take Dan.  I created this list right after his diagnosis.
Did we do any of them? Nope.
 
Needless to say, just finding the list was enough to send me into a grief tailspin for a few days.  Losing the future.
 
I've tacked the list up and will use it as a checklist for Shelby. ... but something will always be missing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)